February 7, 2000
SPECIAL GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.
I want to testify to the faithfulness of our God. Here in New York City - a modern Babylon, America's center of greed and wickedness on a wide scale - we see God doing amazing things.
1. Many marriages are being healed. I look over our large congregation and see husbands and wives who had been separated, nearly divorced, now adoring the Lord together and thanking him for restoring their first love. Situations that seemed absolutely hopeless have been miraculously healed. What a joy to see these couples coming up out of the subways with Iaughing, happy children - a dad and mom no longer fighting, but holding to each other like newlyweds.
2. Just as miraculous is the change the Holy Spirit is making in the lives of divorced mothers with children. The preached word is healing them of all past hurts and bitterness. And the Holy Spirit is giving them new hope, wisdom to raise their children for the Lord, and peace in their times of perplexity. Where there once was fear and a sense of helplessness, there is now the joy of the Lord, faith and strength to go on.
3. By our last count, we have 103 nationalities worshipping together here at Times Square Church. Visitors are amazed by the love, unity and total absence of any racial walls. Only the Holy Spirit could accomplish such a great miracle. If I listed all the nationalities, you would not recognize some of them - countries I've never heard of. All here are in love with Jesus and one in Christ.
4. We have overflow crowds even on Tuesday nights - when diligent souls remain to pray, often until 10 p.m. The sounds of powerful intercession are something to hear. And on Thursday nights, hundreds gather to pray. The secret to what God is doing is surely prayer.
5. We have many outreaches to the poor and needy here in New York City, and all over the world. These include feeding ministries to the hungry here on the streets, as well as to needy children in Latin America, Kosovo, Africa, India and other parts of the world plagued by famine and starvation. We also have ministries to addicts, alcoholics, addicted and abused mothers with children. And we have feeding programs for the elderly poor.
6. With all praise to God, each of these ministries to the hungry, orphaned and homeless has been faithfully and lovingly accomplished without debt. The Holy Spirit has never once failed us. We always have our needs met just on time - all by simple, childlike faith. God has given us praying, caring supporters throughout the nation who respond as the Holy Spirit directs them.
DW:bbm:February 7, 2000
WORLD CHALLENGE INC. | P. O. Box 260 | Lindale, Texas 75771 USA
This data file is the sole property of World Challenge. It may not be altered or edited in any way. It may be reproduced only in its entirety for circulation as "freeware," without charge. All reproductions of this data file must contain the copyright notice [i.e., "Copyright © 2000 by World Challenge"]. This data file may not be used without the permission World Challenge for resale or the enhancement of any other product sold. This includes all of its content with the exception of a few brief quotations. Please give the following source credit: Copyright © 2000 by World Challenge, Lindale, Texas, USA.
This material is solely for personal use and is not to be posted publicly on other web pages. The Lorain County Free-Net Chapel holds exclusive rights from World Challenge, Inc. to publicly post these messages on its web page. You are free to download, copy, print and distribute this material, so long as you do not post it on a different Internet site. You may, however, link this site to reference these messages.
Back to Lorain County Free-Net Chapel
Be sure to visit The Missing Link (our homepage)